Pollyrich Farms is an exquisite, upscale equestrian farm of 34+/- acres and features a fabulous Manor Home, Barns, breeding facility, irrigated pastures, arenas and other incomparable amenities.
Location: Solvang, CA
Baths: 3 full and 1 half
Land: 34 acres, possible additional 20 acres
Horse facilities: Full facilities (see below)
Santa Ynez Valley is a bucolic rural upscale community of vineyards, horse farms and ranches and is the second largest wine growing region in California. Local residents include entertainment stars and senior members of the worlds of commerce, technology and government. A short drive from Santa Barbara and only 2 hours from Los Angeles, Santa Ynez offers residents an ideal lifestyle environment.
Pollyrich Farms is located near the Santa Ynez River, a bit west of the villages of Santa Ynez and Solvang and benefits from a slight coastal weather influence. One is aware of a green lushness of this farm and surrounding farms due to abundance of water and the cooler Valley temperatures in this micro-climate.
The Annex: Offered separately is a 20+/- acre parcel with a century old barn, multiple irrigated pastures and its own water well.
The Manor House:
The previous owner / builder imbued quality and timeless design into the elements of the home. They built the home on a raised foundation and then used double walls, giving almost 18 inches in dimension. On the outside is a combination of slump stone brick and plaster.
There are three (3) large bedroom suites, including a very large master with fireplace, beamed ceiling, his / hers closets and luxurious bathroom. There is an additional fourth (4th) bedroom located off the Kitchen. The well equipped Kitchen, with a Butler pantry, is open to a great room for entertaining and dining. This room features a huge beamed, vaulted ceiling, oak floors and a large fireplace. High windows allow for southern light to flow in and the room has a wall of windows and French doors that look out onto the jumping arena, green pastures and surrounding farm. There is a formal Dining room, an Office or Den room and a Guest Powder Bath off the foyer hall. At the opposite end of the home from the Master suite are two (2) other bedroom suites, all with French doors leading to outside patios.
There are three (3) Heating and Air Conditioning Systems, a new Reverse Osmosis water system in the kitchen, an extra-large Laundry room, seventeen skylights, a central vacuuming system and plentiful built-in storage space throughout.
The Horse Stables Include a total of:
• 16 Box Stalls which are 14’x 28’ in dimension and can be used for mare and foals or layups
• 12 Box Stalls which are 14’x 14’
• 7 Foaling/Stallion Stalls
Arenas & Track:
• 150’ x 300’ Arena which also features a professional in ground water jump!
• 36’ x 130’ Free-Jumping Chute
• 35’ Covered Round Pen
• “A Derby Field”
• Training Track
The base in the main arena is a 4” thick road- base which was laser leveled by a road grader and then rolled and compacted with another highway-grade road roller.
Layered on top was 2” of Rock Dust (similar to decomposed granite), also laser leveled and then rolled and compacted.
The final layer is 2” of washed concrete sand. The Pollyrich Farms arena has the reputation as having some of the best footing in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Breeding Laboratory & Clinic
The breeding / veterinary clinic and lab underwent a full face lift, completed in 2006. The new non-skid/padded clinic flooring was installed to prevent injuries that can occur with wet floors and nervous horses. This is the same flooring used in top veterinary surgical rooms. All of the counters were retiled and sinks, faucets and other amenities were also upgraded.
The lab has 2 water baths, high power microscope, semen counter, and 2 incubators, frozen semen tanks, 2 Foal Alert Systems…virtually everything needed for a successful breeding program.
Farm Business Office adjoins the Lab. They have an adjoining restroom and are both located adjacent to the Breeding Barn.
Covered 4 Horse Liberty Horse Eurociser
Over the past 17 years, the European “exerciser” machine has become renowned worldwide. The 4 horse, Liberty Horse Exerciser has a working diameter of 50 feet and computerized exercise programs. Unlike old-fashioned hot walkers, the euro-exerciser allows the horse to walk and trot freely, untethered in a more natural way. The moving gates, between horses, create a safe exercise environment. The hinged gates move between two round fences that are eight feet apart. The Liberty Horse Exerciser requires little maintenance and is easy to operate.
• (20) Fully in-ground irrigated pastures (varying from .25 to 3 acres+/-)
• All pasture fencing is 3-rail wood with non-climb wire.
• (29) 3-rail, fully no-climb wired paddocks (varying from 30’x 30’ to 100’x 80’)
• Twelve (12) of the large wood paddocks are fully lighted for Breeding Mares
• Multiple pipe corrals (14’x28’)
O2 Compost System
Pollyrich Farms ‘went green’ in ’09. They are periodically composting the horses’ waste and revitalizing their fields and the environment. There are three bins and two ‘cookers’ that measure 25’x50’ with a holding bin that is 17’x50’. With the forced air from underneath and water from the top they use aerobic composting to process the raw materials into beautiful compost in just 30 days.
3-bedroom 1-bath with a full kitchen and living room.
Garages / Shop Buildings
• Built with the same slump-stone brick as the main manor home, the farm has 4 massive RV Sized Garages with 12 foot high doors.
• 4 car garage with extra deep bays and attached workshop and garden shop.
Other Upgrades and Amenities:
• Worker’s break room with bathroom facilities and lockers
• ADT Alarm System installed in Main House
• New Roofing on Manager’s house, Foaling barn, Round Pen and Tack room
• Recently re-surfaced asphalt driveway with brick pavers in motor court
• Slate on front entrance of main house, office and in tack room.
• Stall Mats in all Boxed Stalls
• 12 yoked stall gates
• RV space with Full Hook–ups
• The farm has a private Water Well with a pump house
• A 30,000 +/- gallon underground cistern for water storage
• Farm is plumbed and irrigated for easy watering
Stallion Collection Barn
Garages / Shop Buildings